The IBMYP Placement Exam will be on Saturday, October 29nd at 1:00 p.m.
The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP)
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is designed for students aged 11 to 16.
The STEP Resource Centre at Marymount is a unique space designed to provide enrichment and resource support to the Marymount student community. Ms. Blumer and Ms. Labos are our STEP coordinators who are experienced high school teachers. They have experience working with students who have an Individual Education Plan, as well as having a vast knowledge working with various assistive technologies.
The STEP Room has many functions:
- It coordinates with teachers to provide students with additional resources and attention during the school day on a per-period basis. Students can be occasionally or regularly scheduled to visit the STEP room when they are having difficulties and need more one-on-one help with their schoolwork.
- It provides a place for enrichment and project-based learning. Students wishing to complete research projects have the use of several computers, updated software, and assistive technology programs as well as an onsite printer. All internet use is screened by both the EMSB web-filter and the STEP staff. Students using the computers outside of class time are permitted to use e-mail, watch educational videos and collaborate via Google.
- It is open to students after school for the Homework Program. Staff members are always present as students work to complete assignments and readings, explore the internet in accordance with their task-based needs, study and hang out in a safe, supervised, atmosphere. Students who need a sympathetic ear can always find one and all staff members are skilled at conflict resolution. Students having issues with peers usually find them easily resolved if they approach the STEP staff.
- Our coordinators are always available to parents who have questions regarding the functions of the STEP resource center. We can be reached at (514) 488-8144.
IB at Marymount Academy International
The guiding principals of the International Baccalaureate Programmes used at Marymount Academy International are:
- Students should be of the belief that education empowers them for the challenges of tomorrow.
- Students' own cultural experiences and backgrounds, and those of our diverse teaching staff, are a valuable learning resource; we encourage understanding through intercultural awareness.
- The ability to express ideas both reflects and deepens understanding; students' communication skills are central to their learning.
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
Visit Marymount Academy International
The best way to experience MMA is to come see it for yourself!Take a virtual tour